[U-Boot-Users] data abort

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 16 22:26:50 CEST 2003

Dear Glenson,

in message <3F6759D6.3070406 at gmx.de> you wrote:

> The execution stops at the line
> gd->flags |= GD_FLG_DEVINIT;	/* device initialization done */
>
> Then, sometimes a "prefetch abort" occurs, sometimes it just hangs.

Check if "gd" is really held in a register,  as  it  should  be,  and
where it points to. See the README notes about "initial data".

> When I comment this line, U-Boot runs up to the bootloader-prompt
> without any problem. So I hope, the line above is not a crucial one if I

It is somewhat crucial, especially as errors here  indicate  problems
with a very important mechanism.

> only have to do with the serial console. But I'm interested to know what
> you think about this temporary solution; am I running into problems later?

Most definitely there will be more problems.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Unser Kopf ist rund, damit das Denken die Richtung wechseln kann.
                                                   -- Francis Picabia