[U-Boot-Users] Re: Patch s3c2410 nand-boot.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 19 22:14:44 CEST 2003

Hello,

in message <3F6AD744.1030107 at elsoft.ch> you wrote:

> So a multi stage boot process has to be implemented. After reset,

I agree.

> hardware loads a tiny piece of code from the first two blocks of the
> NAND flash. This code has to do:
>
>   - minimial initialisation of CPU
>   - initialisation of SDRAM and NAND flash
>   - copy rest of boot code (U-Boot) from NAND to SDRAM while taking
>     care of bad blocks
>   - jump to an appropriate place to give up control to rest of boot code

In my opinion, such a "primary  boot  loader"  should  be  completely
independend  of U-Boot, i. e. you shouldbe able to use it to load any
other boot loader as well, and the U-Boot  code  itself  should  only
need minimal adjustment.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Good morning. This is the telephone company. Due  to  repairs,  we're
giving  you  advance notice that your service will be cut off indefi-
nitely at ten o'clock. That's two minutes from now.