[U-Boot-Users] gunzip command?

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Fri Sep 26 14:05:24 CEST 2003

Hi there,

on my board U-Boot should program an FPGA before booting linux. Unfortunatly the
file is quite big (>160KB). So I store a gzipped version of it in my flash.
Actually I stored an image created with mkimage

DAB4K2> imi 40040000

## Checking Image at 40040000 ...
    Image Name:   DAB4K_TEST-
    Created:      2003-09-22   8:20:19 UTC
    Image Type:   PowerPC U-Boot Firmware (gzip compressed)
    Data Size:    56098 Bytes = 54.8 kB
    Load Address: 00000000
    Entry Point:  00000000
    Verifying Checksum ... OK

So what I need now is a way to uncompress the data to RAM before I can call
"fpga load".

My questions:
1. Should we add a "gunzip" command to U-Boot?
2. Should we add a command (similar to bootm) that takes an image, decompresses
it and checks CRC etc.?
3. Or should we put this into the "fpga load" command?

I would go for the first. Maybe the second. Third seems to be too limited.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Steven