[U-Boot-Users] gunzip command?

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Sep 26 15:01:47 CEST 2003

Hi Steven,

> on my board U-Boot should program an FPGA before booting linux. Unfortunatly the
> file is quite big (>160KB). So I store a gzipped version of it in my flash.
> Actually I stored an image created with mkimage
>
> DAB4K2> imi 40040000
>
> ## Checking Image at 40040000 ...
>     Image Name:   DAB4K_TEST-
>     Created:      2003-09-22   8:20:19 UTC
>     Image Type:   PowerPC U-Boot Firmware (gzip compressed)
>     Data Size:    56098 Bytes = 54.8 kB
>     Load Address: 00000000
>     Entry Point:  00000000
>     Verifying Checksum ... OK
>
> So what I need now is a way to uncompress the data to RAM before I can call
> "fpga load".
>
> My questions:
> 1. Should we add a "gunzip" command to U-Boot?
> 2. Should we add a command (similar to bootm) that takes an image, decompresses
> it and checks CRC etc.?
> 3. Or should we put this into the "fpga load" command?
>
> I would go for the first. Maybe the second. Third seems to be too limited.
>
> Any comments?

Yes, why implement things that are already there?  See our
documentation[1] for exactly this problem.  I know, it takes some
courage to use "bootm" to uncompress, but hey, it works...

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] https://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/HowCanILoadAndUncompressACompressedImage

--
"The number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate your phone 90
degrees and try again."