[U-Boot-Users] Uncompressing Kernel Image ... Error: inflate() returned -3

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 1 21:39:39 CEST 2004

In message <F5469535E8DA624FBEACD82A15B6289F1ECEE8 at knant37.europe.ad.flextronics.com> you wrote:

> We are working with the development KIT from Atmel AT91RM9200DK
> and have problem when the U-Boot tries to uncompress the kernel
> Image.

Pilot error.

> 4. mkimage -A arm -O linux -C gzip -a 0x21000000 -e 0x21000000 -d
> linux.bin.gz uImage
> Uboot> tftp 21000000 uImage

As has been discussed many, many times before  the  download  address
CANNOT  be the same as the load address, or U-Boot will overwrite the
not-yet-uncompressed part of the image when it starts uncompressing.

> GUNZIP ERROR - must RESET board to recover

You got what you asked for.

You must leave at least 1.5 ... 2 MB at  the  load  address  for  the
uncompressed image; try "tftp 21200000;bootm" instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Certainly there are things in life that money  can't  buy,  but  it's
very funny - Did you ever try buying them without money? - Ogden Nash