[U-Boot-Users] mtest

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Fri Apr 2 15:02:17 CEST 2004

Dear LKI:

Your initial message said the error messages were:

  Mem error @ 0xA3EDBAEC: found A3EDBB0C, expected 00F76EBB
  Mem error @ 0xA3EDBAF0: found A3EDBAFC, expected 00F76EBC
  Mem error @ 0xA3EDBAF4: found A3F1227C, expected 00F76EBD

Note that the "found" data consists mostly of the address.  This makes me think (not being familiar with the PXA255) that your processor has a multiplexed address & data bus and the memory (either itself or the data line buffers if you are using buffers) are not being enabled properly on the read cycle -- either late or not at all.  The result is that the address goes out on the bus and is still hanging around on the bus when the data gets latched in the processor.  The proper operation of the memory/buffers would be to drive the memory data onto the bus before the data is latched by the processor.

gvb

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.