[U-Boot-Users] Re: PATCH: bi_iic_fast[] initialization

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 7 11:54:57 CEST 2004

Dear Tolunay,

in message <14824.216.110.51.8.1079378410.squirrel at www.orkun.us> you wrote:

>    * Allow bi_iic_fast[] to be initialized via env. variable "i2cfast"

I think you should  rework  this  patch.  At  the  moment,  you  call
getenv() in board_init_f() - but board_init_f() is still running from
flash,  which  means  that we don't have a full C runtime environment
(uninitialized BSS, no writable data, limited stack space) so the use
of getenv() is not allowd in that function. You  may  use  getenv_r()
instead.

Please send a fix.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to  do  a  thing
and to watch someone else doing it wrong, without commenting.
                                                        -- T.H. White