[U-Boot-Users] MIPS, little endian, supported cross tool versions?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 7 15:28:48 CEST 2004

In message <316F79677E35D411B196001083CFC2DA01A6D9D2 at ganymed.bln.advaoptical.com> you wrote:

> I'm trying to port U-Boot 1.0.0 to a new board containing a
> MIPS 5Kf core. After adjusting the compiler flags / linker scripts
> for little-endian, I run into these errors, compiling a RAM based
> version
> first:
>
> mipsel-uclibc-gcc -Wa,-gstabs -D__ASSEMBLY__ -g  -Os   -D__KERNEL__
> -DTEXT_BASE=0x80100000
> -I/opt/work/fw/bootloader/u-boot-1.0.0.work/include
> -fno-builtin -ffreestanding -nostdinc -isystem
> /opt/toolchains/toolchain_mipsel/lib/gcc-lib/mipsel-linux/3.3.1/include
> -pipe  -DCONFIG_MIPS -D__MIPS__ -mips2 -EL -mabicalls -c -o start.o
> /opt/work/fw/bootloader/u-boot-1.0.0.work/cpu/mips/start.S
> mipsel-uclibc-gcc: unrecognized option `-EL'

It seems obvious that your tools and or compiler options  are  broken
and/or misconfigured.

Where is this "-mips2 -EL" stuff coming from? You don't find this  in
U-Boot.

> Is my setup doomed to fail or may I get a working bootloader with some
> reasonable effort?

This depends on your definition of "reasonable" ;-)

> (I may stick to my old bootloader as well)

Obviously this is a tool problem first. I guess you will need to  fix
this  anyway,  or  you will run into the same problems later when you
want to compile your OS kernel and/or applications.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If programming was easy, they wouldn't need something as  complicated
as a human being to do it, now would they?
                       - L. Wall & R. L. Schwartz, _Programming Perl_