[U-Boot-Users] Troubles on my custom keyboard driver in u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 7 18:30:54 CEST 2004

In message <20040407155430.31430.qmail at web15214.mail.bjs.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Thanks for your detailed points.I knew LWMON with a
> i2c keyboard driver from your post.BTW,which file is
> this LWMON keyboard driver in ELDK3.0 kernel code?As
> for others,I would like to have a look at them.

The LWMON project uses a frozen version of the Linux kernel code,  so
we  didn't  port  their  board  to  a more recent kernel version yet.
Please see arch/ppc/8xx_io/lwmon_kbd.c in the (old ) linux-2.4 kernel
tree.

> For interactive use.We have a special keyboard with 80
> keys or so.We plan to code the driver in LINUX.But if
> implentmented in u-boot as well,it would be perfect.

Then you will probably use  something  similar  to  the  standard  PC
keyboard  code;  feel  free to peek into drivers/ps2*.c in the U-Boot
sources.

> that to test some possibilities.I really cannot
> understand RBC823 init process of its keyboard.

I don't know this hardware either.

> Thanks for your kind help!

You are welcome.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more  interesting
than the question of whether a submarine can swim"
                                                - Edsgar W.  Dijkstra