[U-Boot-Users] tftpboot of multi image

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 7 23:22:06 CEST 2004

In message <4074433C.13855.BF94F6B at localhost> you wrote:
> Are there instructions out there for using tftpboot to download an
> image with an initrd automatically boot the image?  I haven't come
> across anything.

That's because it's just trivial:

	=> tftp 400000 /tftpboot/uImage.multi ; bootm

> I am trying it with a simple tftpboot command (no options) and it
> appears as though the ramdisk is not loading to a good address because
> the system lock up after uncompressing the initrd at 0x91544054 (not a
> valid address in my system.)

OIt would have been really, really useful  if  you  had  bothered  to
provide  some  more  details,  like  the  exact output of the failing
command. SO I can just guess that your load address is too  low,  and
you  are  overwriting  parts  of the image when the Linux kernel gets
uncompressed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"More software projects have gone awry for lack of calendar time than
for all other causes combined."
                         - Fred Brooks, Jr., _The Mythical Man Month_