[U-Boot-Users] SCC Ethernet and "Linux crashes by early packets" ???

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 9 16:05:17 CEST 2004

In message <407674A7.7040805 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> > Checking the CVS logs?
>
> Maybe I am to stupid. Of course I can find the line
>
> "Make sure SCC Ethernet is always stopped by the time we boot Linux"
>
> in the CVS logs. Actually it's there 128 times.
> But I could not find out which file excactly was changed for this purpose!

Yes, I know; some other files were also changed during this  checkin.
Buit  if  you look at the patchset, it seems obvious to me that there
was only one netweork related source file included.  [You  are  using
cvsps, aren't you?]

>  > Try: cvs diff -r1.3 -r1.4 post/ether.c
> And I never thought of POST code!

So did we [not]. Don't ask how loong  it  took  to  trace  down  this
problem,  which  apperared  just  for one customer, and just in their
network environment [with a lot of windoze broadcasts], and never  in
our lab [which is 100% Micro$oft-free].

> Hmm. Then I have another problem and start a new thread.

Good luck. May your pesticide be efficient ;-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Microsoft Multitasking:
                     several applications can crash at the same time.