[U-Boot-Users] SCC Ethernet and "Linux crashes by early packets" ???

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Fri Apr 9 12:02:15 CEST 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> In message <40757661.50905 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:
>
>>the CHANGELOG contains the lines
>>
>>* Make sure SCC Ethernet is always stopped by the time we boot Linux
>>   to avoid Linux crashes by early packets coming in.
>>
>>in "Changes for U-Boot 1.0.2".
>>
>>My two question:
>>
>>1.) How can I find out which changes in the CVS do excactly this?
>
> Checking the CVS logs?

Maybe I am to stupid. Of course I can find the line

"Make sure SCC Ethernet is always stopped by the time we boot Linux"

in the CVS logs. Actually it's there 128 times.
But I could not find out which file excactly was changed for this purpose!

 > Try: cvs diff -r1.3 -r1.4 post/ether.c
And I never thought of POST code!
Thanks!

>>2.) Do we need the same with 8xx FEC Ethernet?
>

> I don't think so. Note that the ethernet interface was left in a non-
> stopped state by the POST code.  Normal  network  use  will  (should)
> correctly shut down the interface.

Hmm. Then I have another problem and start a new thread.

Thanks.

Steven