[U-Boot-Users] SCC Ethernet and "Linux crashes by early packets" ???

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 8 23:29:55 CEST 2004

In message <40757661.50905 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> the CHANGELOG contains the lines
>
> * Make sure SCC Ethernet is always stopped by the time we boot Linux
>    to avoid Linux crashes by early packets coming in.
>
> in "Changes for U-Boot 1.0.2".
>
> My two question:
>
> 1.) How can I find out which changes in the CVS do excactly this?

Checking the CVS logs?

Try: cvs diff -r1.3 -r1.4 post/ether.c

> 2.) Do we need the same with 8xx FEC Ethernet?

I don't think so. Note that the ethernet interface was left in a non-
stopped state by the POST code.  Normal  network  use  will  (should)
correctly shut down the interface.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Prediction is very difficult, especially of the future.  - Niels Bohr