[U-Boot-Users] Ethner RxBd init problem

Dave Johnson davejohnson_hifi at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 23:36:38 CEST 2004

Hi All:
I have 8260 based board and am using u-boot for that.
I boot kernel from the flash. All works fine however
sometimes Linux Kernel does not boot after
uncompressing, further investigation found that as the
kernel entry point is address 0, and that is also
address of netRxPackets, if a packet is received after
the kernel is unzipped by u-boot, ethernet driver
corrupts data at address 0 thinking it as its buffer
pointer. Hence kernel does not boot up in that case.
My first question is that why we dont initialize
netRxPackets in net.c?? (these are only initialized
once a network related operation (like ping) is done).
Is this the  corect behaviour?? has anyone observed
this problem??

Thanks

Dave.