[U-Boot-Users] Need help booting linux on 8265 eval board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Apr 18 17:10:53 CEST 2004

In message <BAY2-F91LEdyt3cew8k000156e5 at hotmail.com> you wrote:

>   I have problem  booting linux on 8265 eval board. when I boot the linux
> kernel, the board be dead. the registers look like
> to be some default values(use powertap pro). I try u-boot1.1, ppcboot1.1.5;

Be careful. User the default values as defined in U-Boot  and  Linux,
and DON'T change these unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing.

> vim Makefile, arch=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_82xx
> vim arch/ppc/platforms/ads826x.h, IMAP_ADDR=0x04700000 BCSR=0x04500000

This cannot work. Please leave the mapping as defined by U-Boot and Linux.

> then the board is dead and the LED(FCC link) coruscate .
> (I have modified clock calculations for this board. it's the reason?)
> any ideas? thanks a lot!

You seem to modify a lot of stuff without konwing exactly why - don;t
do this. The default values are there for a reason - they  are  known
to work.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"There are three principal ways to lose money: wine, women, and engi-
neers. While the first two are more pleasant, the third is by far the
more certain."                           - Baron Rothschild, ca. 1800