[U-Boot-Users] [patch #4/6] Hush parser update.

Pantelis Antoniou panto at intracom.gr
Mon Apr 19 11:43:32 CEST 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>In message <4080101B.4040202 at intracom.gr> you wrote:
>
>>This is a resend of my previous patch with the parantheses conditionalized
>>on CONFIG_HUSH_OLD_PARSER_COMPATIBLE.
>>

>Thanks, added  -  except  for  the  CONFIG_HUSH_OLD_PARSER_COMPATIBLE
>stuff.
>
>I'm sorry, I understand exactly what you are trying to acchieve,  but
>I  think  this is the wrong way of doing it. The main problem is that
>the simple command parser was implemented wrong. I really repent that
>I didn't fix this right from the beginning.
>
>I cannot allow that this gets added to the hush shell, because  oncve
>added we would never get rid of it again.
>

>If you are interested in a compatible handling of the environment,  I
>think  we should fix the simple parser to accept the ${var} notation,
>too. For some transitional period we  could  allow  both  $(var)  and
>${var}, before finally switching the simple parser to ${var} only.
>
>If you are more concerned about updates of existing  devices  to  new
>versions  of U-Boot, I think we should solve the problem differently,
>for example by implementing a standalone application that can convert
>the environment from the old format to the new one.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from.

Anyway here is a patch that fixes the simple parser to also accept the
${var} notation.
Also attach is a patch for our boards that takes it into account, plus
a few other minor fixes.

We probably gonna keep internally the CONFIG_HUSH_OLD_PARSER_COMPATIBLE
for a few months until we update (manually) all the boards.

>Best regards,
>
>Wolfgang Denk

Regards

Pantelis