[U-Boot-Users] U-boot & smsc91c111

Earle Clubb eclubb at valcom.com
Wed Apr 21 21:39:48 CEST 2004

I'm using U-boot on a Coldfire 5407 with the 91c111 attached on a 32-bit
data bus.  I can write to the bank select register and read from all the
other MAC registers via BDM.  However, when I run U-boot the 91c111 driver
doesn't seem to be able to read from any of the internal PHY registers.  I
have debugging in the driver enabled at level 4, and it shows that I get all
zeros on the MDI line when reading any PHY register.  The external PHY bit
in the config register is off.  Does anyone have an idea why the driver
can't read from the internal PHY regs?

Thanks.

Earle Clubb

Software Engineer