[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot/Kermit Problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 29 14:28:32 CEST 2004

In message <Pine.OSF.4.21.0404291639440.1949-100000 at ws9.cdotb.ernet.in> you wrote:

> Any other serial line protocol is there, which works fine with minicom ?

If you ask for my $ 0.02: minicom is broken. I recommend not to use it.

I know that others  like  it,  and  use  it  successfully,  so  chose
whatever you like, but don't say you have not been warned.

> I tried to configure uucp as given in the DULG manual.
>
> When I tried to upload a file from minicom, it gives me the following
> error.....

> /usr/bin/cu: hello_world: System not found
> READY: press any key to continue...

Don't use cu from minicom; use cu directly from the command line.

> If I run "cu" dirctly from the command prompt I am getting the following
> error.
>
> [root at genome root]# cu S0 at 9600
> cu: open (/dev/ttyS0): Permission denied
> cu: S0 at 9600: All matching ports in use
> [root at genome root]#

> So I checked the permissions od /dev/ttyS0.
>
> [root at genome root]# ls -l /dev/ttyS0
> crwxr-xr-x    1 root     uucp       4,  64 Apr 29 17:07 /dev/ttyS0
> [root at genome root]#
>
> What could be the problem ?

group uucp should have write permission on the  device,  and  in  the
lock directory.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The idea of male and female are universal constants.
	-- Kirk, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8