[U-Boot-Users] New NAND code

Pantelis Antoniou panto at intracom.gr
Mon Aug 2 10:27:46 CEST 2004

Stefan Roese wrote:
> Hello!
>

>>>I was just wondering about state of the NAND code. When I remember
>>>correctly a pretty big rewrite was done but not commited yet. Is the
>>>last patch sent to this list from Pantelis Antoniou on 5th
>>
>>May still the
>>
>>>latest version?
>>
>>Did anybody actually test this rewrite extensively? I don't  remember
>>any feedback?
>

> I just searched the archieve:
> Dave Ellis gave a feedback (3rd May) for an earlier version of the
> rewritten code. And Wolfgang Denk mentioned on 7th June that the code
> doesn't compile (for the PPChameleon Board).
>
> Right now the patch from 5th May doesn't even apply to the current CVS.
>
> Pantelis or Dave, could you give us any info about the status of the
> code? Are you still using your patch? Is there a newer version that
> applies to the current CVS? I am willing to do some testing...
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan

I'm using the code extensively on my boards.
There is one more thing in my TODO list; support large Samsung NANDs.

Unfortunately not much feedback was received from other users of NAND.

If I can scrape some time I'll send a patch against the current CVS.

I sure could use a tester though :)

Regards

Pantelis