[U-Boot-Users] Ether phy on at91rm9200

Lars Munch lars at segv.dk
Mon Aug 2 23:36:23 CEST 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 04:22:28PM -0400, Glenn Heard wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I am about to add support for the CSB337 ( at91rm9200 based board )
> in u-boot. I'm ready to write the ehter phy interface and have some
> questions. In cpu/at91rm9200/at91rm9200_ether.c lives the current phy
> definitions and routines for the at91rm9200dk board. Should this not be
> here? Should I separate the phy's? If so, should the phy routines exist in
> the respective board directory? Or should I simply #ifdef the existing
> implementation to add the lxt971 phy for the CSB337?

I have been working on a CSB337 port too. I have flash and network
support working but some of the code still a cleanup. I have created
three patches for the port so far and I e-mailed them to Wolfgang two
weeks ago (they are not included in cvs yet). The patches are preparing
the cvs for csb337 inclusion:

- split the dm9161 phy part out of at91rm9200_ether.c
- split out the LXT971A PHY from ns_9750_eth.h
- move at45.c to board/at91rm9200dk/at45.c since this flash is
    at91rm9200dk board specific

Hopefully they will be included in cvs soon.

Regards
Lars