[U-Boot-Users] Ether phy on at91rm9200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 2 23:52:28 CEST 2004

In message <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC4AAAAAAAAAGVbQxmIBr0Wj4b4UKOiPvwEApW36Es89aUGrda4FqgayVQAAAAF43gAAEAAAAGEN3utPPpBEui8+rneGQh4BAAAAAA==@zoominternet.net> you wrote:

Urrrghh... what an ugly message ID. Why are you doing this?

> 	I am about to add support for the CSB337 ( at91rm9200 based board )
> in u-boot. I'm ready to write the ehter phy interface and have some
> questions. In cpu/at91rm9200/at91rm9200_ether.c lives the current phy
> definitions and routines for the at91rm9200dk board. Should this not be

I cannot say how much of  this  code  really  belongs  into  the  CPU
directory  or  which of this is board specific or even independent of
both (sorry, don't have ant at91rm9200 hardware yet).

> here? Should I separate the phy's? If so, should the phy routines exist in
> the respective board directory? Or should I simply #ifdef the existing
> implementation to add the lxt971 phy for the CSB337?

My feeling is that this is  neither  CPU  nor  board  specific  code;
probably it belongs into drivers/

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Name one thing windows is better than unix in?
                                          Making money for Microsoft?
         -- Randal L. Schwartz in <8cvi5t4c3t.fsf at gadget.cscaper.com>