[U-Boot-Users] Having trouble programming u-boot to MPC8560ADS board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 4 11:37:39 CEST 2004

In message <6.0.0.22.2.20040803170059.035df108 at qcmail1.qualcomm.com> you wrote:

> 	I hope this is the right forum to ask this question. I recently received
> the rev A board from Motorola with u-boot and Linux on it and everything is
> nice. But I need to run Montavista linux on it, so I configure u-boot to
> BOOTP and tftp a kernel from them. This works partially fine, I can telnet
> into the machine but there is no console on serial. So I was asked to put a

Maybe your kernel is misconfigured? Did  you  try  passing  something
like "console=ttyS0,$(baudrate)" on the command line?

> u-boot binary from Montavista  onto the board.

If everything else is working this seems a bogus advice to me.

> 	I am using BDI2000 to program the flash but am running into difficulty.
> The config file I have is from Abatron and I haven't modified any Jumpers
> or switches on the board. When I program the flash with u-boot, BDI says it
> was successful, but the data read from the flash is incorrect. The data has
> the first, third, and the eighth bits of a 32 bit word high all the time.
> So a 0x00000000 is seen as 0xa1000000 and a 0x12345678 as 0xb3345678.

Now this looks like a hardware problem to me.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
My challenge to the goto-less programmer  is  to  recode  tcp_input()
without any gotos ... without any loss of efficiency (there has to be
a catch).                                             - W. R. Stevens