[U-Boot-Users] Compact Flash Support for MPC8540

Travis Sawyer tsawyer+u-boot at sandburst.com
Wed Aug 4 18:09:35 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 05:08, Sudhakar wrote:
> Hi all..
>
> Can anyone provide me details about the coding for compact flash in mpc8540.
>
> How to start the coding ?
>
> I have collected some information based on toshiba's technical note {which
> describes Compact Flash support for 8260}
>
> But i need help regarding coding..
>
> How to proceed..

Sudhakar:

As I _*PREVIOUSLY*_explained to you off list,
with the Toshiba app note, you need only

add CFG_CMD_IDE to your CONFIG_COMMANDS

and its associated parameters (this uses cmd_ide.c)

for example:

#define CFG_ATA_BASE_ADDR	0xF0000000
#define CFG_ATA_IDE0_OFFSET	0x0000
#define CFG_ATA_DATA_OFFSET	0x0000	 /* Offset for data I/O */
#define CFG_ATA_REG_OFFSET	0x0000	 /* Offset for normal register accesses*
#define CFG_ATA_STRIDE          2        /* Directly connected CF, needs a stride */

The above values MUST be adapted for your platform.
If you have the CF connected correctly it just works.

Please, READ the code, it exists, and works.

-travis