[U-Boot-Users] Regarding Toolchain used for Compilation

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 6 20:07:26 CEST 2004

In message <200408062258.16209.v.sudhakar at gdatech.co.in> you wrote:

> But im failing when i use montavista toolchain or Metrowerks powerpc
> toolchain.

Maybe you want to describe what "failing"  actually  means?  I  guess
there  is  probably some error message or another? Don't you think it
might be helpful if we knew what errors you're talking about?

> So what is the main difference between these toolchains ??

The _main_ difference is  that  they  come  from  different  vendors.
Except from that, they are all based on the same GNU tools :-)

> Whether the e500 core plays any role ?

Maybe.

> If anybody can clearly explain the diff it would be useful for me.

Giving a vague error description and asking for a  clear  explanation
is much. Too much, actually.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
While most peoples' opinions change, the conviction of their correct-
ness never does.