[U-Boot-Users] U-BOOT for MPC885 Eval board - i2c problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 9 21:41:43 CEST 2004

In message <s117da89.012 at EMAIL> you wrote:

> We  are using MPC885ADS Eval. board ,we are porting  U-Boot 1.1.1 on it
> and working fine,

I understand that you rae using the CPM implementation of the driver?

You are aware of the differences between  MPC885  and  other  (older)
processors  of  the  MPC8xx family (like MPC860), aren't you? Did you
modify the I2C driver accordingly (especially  the  handling  of  the
iic_rpbase filed in the parameter RAM) ?

> We are connected an EEPROM (CHIP ADDRESS : 0X50)  on  I2C bus,
>  when we trying to check with  "iprobe"  command its displaying a message
> like :
>
> Valid chip addresses:  00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 ............ 80

Is it really displaying exactly such a row of dots ?

> Its talking a lots of time and not working.

It's normal that the ip[robe command takes very  long  with  the  CPM
implementation; is there any good reason for not using soft-I2C?

> Has anyone faced same problem?

Did you search the mailing list archive?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Ninety-Ninety Rule of Project Schedules:
        The first ninety percent of the task takes ninety percent of
the time, and the last ten percent takes the other ninety percent.