[U-Boot-Users] what exactly is netconsole

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 13 16:08:03 CEST 2004

Dear Daren,

in message <C18BA5DDB58DD511BD0700C0DF0DD4502941AD at NTSERVER4> you wrote:

> > May I bother you to have a look at the doc/README.NetConsole file?
>
> I would if it existed but is not in the current version 1.1.1 release of
> U-Boot!

You got to learn what "current" means, and what's the difference bet-
ween  version  and  release.  U-Boot-1.1.1  is  the  latest   offical
_release_ of U-Boot, but NOT the current version. The current version
is the top of tree on the CVS server.

> I look forward to its release :)

You may have to wait a  couple  of  weeks  or  even  months  for  the
_release_.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Either one of us, by himself, is expendable.  Both of us are not.
	-- Kirk, "The Devil in the Dark", stardate 3196.1