[U-Boot-Users] Port for Cirrus Logic EDB9312 revision 2

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Fri Aug 20 10:56:55 CEST 2004

I have a first working port on the Cirrus Logic EDB9312 board, revision 2.
I merged the code released by Adam Bezanson. Linux 2.6.8-rc3-ep93xx boots fine.
As I did not change the default BootROM clock settings the performances
are still terrible (see BogoMIPS below).
As root file system I used the NFS provided by Denx Embedded Linux Kit
2.1.0 (www.denx.de).

bash-2.05# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.8-rc3-ep93xx (llandre at LinuxServer) (gcc version 3.3.2) #2
Fri Aug 20 10:22:46
  CEST 2004
bash-2.05# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor       : ARM920Tid(wb) rev 0 (v4l)
BogoMIPS        : 7.27
Features        : swp half thumb
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 4T
CPU variant     : 0x1
CPU part        : 0x920
CPU revision    : 0
Cache type      : VIVT write-back
Cache clean     : cp15 c7 ops
Cache lockdown  : format A
Cache format    : Harvard
I size          : 16384
I assoc         : 64
I line length   : 32
I sets          : 8
D size          : 16384
D assoc         : 64
D line length   : 32
D sets          : 8

Hardware        : edb9312
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000

To do:
1) adjust clock settings and cache enabling in U-Boot
2) update the build system according to the new rules (waiting a response
from Wolfgang)
3) fix an ethernet problem I encountered with 100 MBps switch.

If anybody is interested, I can make a preliminary patch available.

Regards,

llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
email: r&d2 at dave-tech.it