[U-Boot-Users] netconsole on ARM architecture: is it supported?

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Fri Aug 20 12:20:38 CEST 2004

I'm trying to enable netconsole support on ARM platform.
I defined the two symbols:

CONFIG_NETCONSOLE
CONFIG_NET_MULTI

in order to include the necessary code (they are not mentioned in the
file doc/README.NetConsole; I think it is a good idea to add a couple
of lines to recall this).
After rebuilding U-Boot, ethernet interface stopped working and a new
message appeared ("Using unknown device") when trying to perform a TFTP
download.
It is not clear if it is somehow due to the variables ethprime and ethact that
are not defined or netconsole is not supported by ARM architecture.
Anybody can clear this point?

Thanks and best regards,

llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
email: r&d2 at dave-tech.it