[U-Boot-Users] Uncompressing uImage: inflate() returned -3

Amit Shah shahamit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 19:48:46 CEST 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:24:43 +0200, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> In message <877aabc404082309201918ede9 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> >
> > I have 8 MB of RAM (I have more, but have configured u-boot to
> > recognize just the first 8). Kernel is 2.3 MB (0x244086). I load it at
>
> But this is NOT the size of the _compressed_ image???

No, this is the size of the uncompressed vmlinux.bin, that I'm putting
in uImage with '-C none'. I haven't solved the gzip issue yet.

> > an offset of 4 MB in the SDRAM space... should be enough for
> > everything, I assumed. I'll have to check this again.
>
> Did you actually use 4 MB (400000) or did you use some other  address
> by  accident? What is your exact boot comand, and which output do you
> get?

Oh.. right! I used 0x4.0000 instead of 0x40.0000. Damn.

Okay, so CRC, gunzip are now working. Thanks Michael and WD.

But the post-Linux problem still remains: my BDI has gone for a
replacement, so I have to use some early putchars with the UART that
was initialized by u-boot. I place two putchars in early_init in
arch/ppc/kernel/setup.c, but I just see one. So does that mean my
stack's getting corrupted?

Thanks,
Amit.
--