[U-Boot-Users] graphic card support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 25 15:42:56 CEST 2004

In message <412C865C.4020305 at il.marvell.com> you wrote:

> I'm planning to use a graphic card on my U-Boot,
> I have 2 different PCI graphic card I can use:
> ATI  3D RAGE II, Cirrus Logic 5464 and invidia RIVA TNT2.

To me this looks as if it was THREE different types, not 2 ???

> I was wondering  what should I do in order to use the PCI graphic card
> by the U-Boot.

Add a driver for the card?

> Should I add only few defined to my config file and the video card will
> be PNP as in the network cards??

This would be really nice, but life is not that easy.

> Do I need to support any special init code for the video card?

Yes.

> or Does the U-Boot has it??

No.

> ( Which platform is a good reference for using graphic card as a frame
> buffer/video??)

For example those using a graphics card? For example:

	-> grep -l CONFIG_VIDEO_SMI_LYNXEM include/configs/*
	include/configs/BAB7xx.h
	include/configs/ELPPC.h
	include/configs/PPChameleonEVB.h

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
COBOL is for morons.                                 -- E.W. Dijkstra