[U-Boot-Users] Help--750FX,Cannot handle DEC or External Interrupt exception.U-Boot-1.1.1, ELDK3.0,RedHat

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Fri Aug 27 14:26:59 CEST 2004

It isn't going to be the exception handling mechanism.

FAQ: http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/UBootCrashAfterRelocation

Note to Wolfgang: I added some more text to the above link.  I was going to add a new section to the linux section of the FAQ to refer to the above link, but forgot how to add sections given your DULG structuring :-(.  I propose the following be added:

%SECTION0{name=LinxRandomCrash}% Linux crashes randomly

   Question:: On my board, linux crashes randomly or has random exceptions
    (especially floating point exceptions if it is a PowerPC processor). Why?

   Answer:: Quite likely your SDRAM initialization is bad. See
   UBootCrashAfterRelocation for more information.
   On a PowerPC, the instructions beginning with 0xFF are floating point
   instructions.  When your memory subsystem fails, the PowerPC is reading
   bad values (0xFF) and thus executing illegal floating point instructions.

gvb

The following messages are brought to you by the Lawyers' League of IdioSpeak:

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.