[U-Boot-Users] Clarification regarding the Internal Flash Identification Code.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 1 09:13:39 CET 2004

In message <3D9FDCA910DD4445896A0BE5ECF009D401CCAA1F at bla.satyam.com> you wrote:

> I got the Device Id value from the Intel Site but I didn't found any thing
> like Internal Flash Identification Code. Is this value is to be supplied by
> the vendor if not then what value should I have to assign to the Macro
> FLASH_28F256J3.

As the name "Internal FLASH identification codes" suggests this is  a
code  that  is _internal_ to U-Boot so you will not find it mentioned
in any vendor documentation (at least not before they are sterting to
manufacture "U-Boot flash chips" :-)

Just chose the next unused entry, but keep in mind that  odd  numbers
are used only for "bottom boot sector" types!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
HEALTH WARNING: Care Should Be Taken When Lifting This Product, Since
Its Mass, and Thus Its Weight, Is Dependent on Its Velocity  Relative
to the User.