[U-Boot-Users] Clarification regarding the Internal Flash Ide ntification Code.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 2 11:53:52 CET 2004

Hello,

in message <3D9FDCA910DD4445896A0BE5ECF009D401D17734 at bla.satyam.com> you wrote:

> 	Following is the query which I had posted on the u boot mailing
> list.
...[full quote deleted]...

> And yours reply was:
...[full quote deleted]...

Argh... can you please use standard quoting rules as  recommended  by
the Netiquette?

And please keep the u-boot-users list on Cc: so others can benefit, too.

Thanks.

I wrote:

> Just chose the next unused entry, but keep in mind that odd numbers
> are used only for "bottom boot sector" types!

You say it is not a boot sector type. To me it seems logical that the
logical connclusion is then "Just chose the next even number that  is
not used yet."

Is this difficult to figure out?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Proboscis: The rudimentary organ of an elephant which serves  him  in
place of the knife-and-fork that Evolution has as yet denied him. For
purposes of humor it is popularly called a trunk.    - Ambrose Bierce