[U-Boot-Users] crosstool for PowerPc 8540

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Thu Dec 2 16:54:20 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 03:44, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <20041202012134.70077.qmail at web53704.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:
> >
> >  Could anyone suggest me the toolchain to be used to
> > compile u-boot-1.1.1 for a PowerPC 8540 board?
>
> You can for example use ELDK release 3.1

I've used various versions, 2.95, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4.{2,3}, etc.
Make sure your binutils is 2.14, etc.

> >   I could successfully build my toolchain and create
> > my u-boot binary for 8540.

OK, this is good...  Have you verified that it looks sane?
Is it the right size, have a good header and layout, etc?
You might use objdump or od to verify these things too.

> >    But when I flash u-boot.bin , the board doesnt come
> > up.
>
> What makes you think that thgis is  a toolchain issue?

Darn good question!

> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Attach your BDI2000 and start debugging.

Say, any chance you read through doc/README.mpc85xxads?
Or maybe doc/README.sbc8560, or looked at include/configs
for the right board?

Hmm.  So which board is it, actually?  Is it a custom board?

jdl