[U-Boot-Users] crosstool for PowerPc 8540

Junita Ajith junita_ppc at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 19:07:38 CET 2004

--- Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> In message
> <20041202012134.70077.qmail at web53704.mail.yahoo.com>
> you wrote:
> >
> >  Could anyone suggest me the toolchain to be used
> > compile u-boot-1.1.1 for a PowerPC 8540 board?
>
> You can for example use ELDK release 3.1

--- Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> In message
> <20041202012134.70077.qmail at web53704.mail.yahoo.com>
> you wrote:
> >
> >  Could anyone suggest me the toolchain to be used
> > compile u-boot-1.1.1 for a PowerPC 8540 board?
>
> You can for example use ELDK release 3.1

   I  did download ELDK and ran install. As the
dcoment says , by default it installs all the
supported architectures , and so it did for ppc-8xx,
ppc-4xx etc.But I didnt see ppc-85xx.

   So I tried specifying the architecture.This is what
I got.

[root at new-host iso]# ./install -d /opt/tools/ELDK/
ppc_85xx

Do you really want to install into /opt/tools/ELDK
directory[y/n]?: y

Installing cross RPMs

Done

the ppc_85xx target does not exist in . directory
the following targets are available:
ppc_4xx
ppc_4xxFP
ppc_6xx
ppc_74xx
ppc_8xx

  Am I missing something ? Because even in the ftp
sites under supported architectures for release-3.1 ,
ppc_85xx is not mentioned .

   I am sorry if the mail is not appropriate for this
mailing list.

Thanks ,
Junita