[U-Boot-Users] Re: SCSI support for MIB405 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 3 10:43:24 CET 2004

In message <6.0.0.22.0.20041203083838.01ce1310 at notes.mpl.ch> you wrote:

> the MIP405 has no SCSI chip on board, and the SCSI Support isn't enabled

But there is a lot of SCSI-specific stuff in the config file:

MIP405.h: * SCSI support (experimental) only SYM53C8xx supported
MIP405.h:#undef CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX
MIP405.h:#ifdef CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX
MIP405.h:#define CFG_SCSI_MAX_LUN       8 /* number of supported LUNs */
MIP405.h:#define CFG_SCSI_MAX_SCSI_ID   7 /* maximum SCSI ID (0..6) */
MIP405.h:#define CFG_SCSI_MAX_DEVICE    CFG_SCSI_MAX_SCSI_ID * CFG_SCSI_MAX_LUN /* maximum Target devices */
MIP405.h:#define CFG_SCSI_SPIN_UP_TIME  2
MIP405.h:#endif /* CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX */

> for this board. SCSI support has been added to the PIP405 board, which is
> more or less a dead project. The state of this project is the reason, why
> the U-Boot has not been tested on the PIP405 some time ago.
> The code for the SCSI has been added before the introduction of the macros
> "U_BOOT_CMD", and it seems that these macros are missing for do_scsi() and
> do_scsiboot().
> I can add these macros, test it on the PIP405 and send you a patch, but it
> may took some time.

That would be excellent.  Thanks in advance.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
... The prejudices people feel about each other disappear  when  then
get to know each other.
	-- Kirk, "Elaan of Troyius", stardate 4372.5