[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for pxa255

Simon Sudler Simon.Sudler at gmx.net
Mon Dec 6 12:22:48 CET 2004

Sharad P. Katti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I followed your instructions, and after creating the zImage.bin,
> i write that to the flash, and then gave the address where it was written,
>
> I got all the header contents from the image,
> but it is stopped after the mesg "Starting Kernel ..."

That could means, that the Kernel has been decompressed successfully and
is most likely failing to find some memory...

just compile the Kernel with debug informations (e.g. -ggdb) and then
connected to the gdb to your BDI and look where the Kernel is working.

> can u just give me suggestions where i went wrong,
> I have given the address (on flash) to the bootm command,
> but the control is not passed to the kernel.

it ist possibel, that the board information you set for the pxa255 is
not correct. Set a breakpoint to the start address of the Kernel an look
at the board info structure pointer (ppc = r3) and verify if it contains
the right values for your board.

Cheers,
Simon