[U-Boot-Users] PCI interrupt routing on 440GX

Eugene Surovegin ebs at ebshome.net
Tue Dec 7 08:50:06 CET 2004

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 01:09:10PM -0600, Barbier, Renaud (GE Infrastructure) wrote:
> I have a PrPMC based on the 440GX.
> As a monarch the PCI interrupt A to D are connected to GPIO3 to GPIO 6
> I was wondering how to tell linux  the correct interrupt line number.
> where in the code can I set this up?

PCI INT line mapping into CPU interrupt number is done on Linux PPC32
with the help of ppc_md.pci_map_irq. For 440GX example, please take a
look at the kernel sources:

1) 2.4 arch/ppc/platforms/ocotea.c::ocotea_map_irq
2) 2.6 arch/ppc/platforms/4xx/ocotea.c::ocotea_map_irq

BTW, there is nothing 440GX specific in those functions.

Also, make sure your firmware (U-Boot) or Linux board support selects
GPIO3-GPIO6 as interrupt sources and not as GPIO pins. This can be
configured through "Pin Function Control Register 0" SDR0_PFC0.

--
Eugene