[U-Boot-Users] Re: How To Register Interrupt Routines in ARM920T?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 8 12:06:29 CET 2004

In message <698a2fda04120802517842a72b at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Thank you very much for all your help.  I had my loadb working on
> 19200 baudrate when I set kermit's stop bits to 2.  Thanks Anders! =)

:-)

> Does kermit protocol (loadb) in downloading files have some level of
> "reliability" feature?  Do we really have to use the crc32 command to
> check the reliability of the downloaded file?

Kermit binary protocol uses a checksum. This is one  of  the  reasons
why it's much better than S-record download (the other main reason is
speed).

What do you mean with "have to use the crc32 command" ? U-Boot images
(like kernel or ramdisk etc.) include embedded  checksums  which  get
automatically  verified  when  you  list  (imi) or boot (bootm) these
images.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Neckties strangle clear thinking.                       -- Lin Yutang