[U-Boot-Users] CFG_HZ and CFG_SCCR question

Peter Asemann peter.asemann at web.de
Wed Dec 8 16:39:25 CET 2004

1. There is a CFG_HZ configuration setting in many config files, but
it's not mentioned in the README.
The source code of components where it is used suggests it has to do
with timer issues.

Having thought and done some "research" on that matter I do believe now
that the CFG_HZ setting must have something to do with the expiry of
some timer, but probably doesn't set the tmbclk/tbclk but some counter
to have some timer expire every CFG_HZ times per second. Is that right?

2. Whilst taking a look in the MPC875 documentation I found there are
system registers I'd like to take influence on to make sure there are
the "right" values in them. For example the SCCR. I saw that in the
README SCCR is mentioned:

- CFG_SCCR:     System Clock and reset Control Register (15-27)

So I suppose by defining CFG_SCCR as something I assign the value of
something to the register and therefore set the registers content.

But what do the numbers (the range?) in the braces mean?

Best regards and thanks for reading,

Peter Asemann