[U-Boot-Users] CFG_HZ and CFG_SCCR question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 8 17:14:18 CET 2004

In message <41B7202D.9070508 at web.de> you wrote:
> 1. There is a CFG_HZ configuration setting in many config files, but
> it's not mentioned in the README.

Please consider CFG_HZ to be a constant with the value of 1000.

> Having thought and done some "research" on that matter I do believe now
> that the CFG_HZ setting must have something to do with the expiry of
> some timer, but probably doesn't set the tmbclk/tbclk but some counter
> to have some timer expire every CFG_HZ times per second. Is that right?

Something like that. It's the system tick, similar  to  the  constant
"HZ" in the Linux kernel.

> - CFG_SCCR:     System Clock and reset Control Register (15-27)
> But what do the numbers (the range?) in the braces mean?

It's a reference to page 15-27 in the MPC860 User's Manual.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The first thing we do is kill all the lawyers.
(Shakespeare. II Henry VI, Act IV, scene ii)