[U-Boot-Users] PATCH cpu/at91rm9200/start.S

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Dec 13 10:14:26 CET 2004

In message <41BD53FA.1010002 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> since enabling the "main oscillator" of Atmel's AT91RM9200 is very board
> specific and must not be done on some boards (which use external clock
> oscilators instead of crystals) I suggest
>
> * Patch by Steven Scholz, 13 Dec 2004:
>    Move code for AT91 "main oscillator" into board specific
>    memsetup.S files

I reject this patch as it causes a duplication of the same code  into
several  files. My understanding is that this code is poretty generic
for all boards that use it; #undef'fing it for boards which don;t use
it seems to be the better choice here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"We don't have to protect the environment -- the Second Coming is  at
hand."                                                   - James Watt