[U-Boot-Users] u-boot PCMCIA Support w/ PXA-255??

Craig A. Vanderborgh craigv at voxware.com
Tue Dec 14 08:41:03 CET 2004

Hello All:

I have managed to get u-boot running on my PXA255/SA1111-based board.
Our board seems to be pretty close to the Intel "Lubbock" reference
design, so I was able to get a slightly modified Lubbock u-boot
configuration to work on this board.

Now, what I REALLY need is to get PCMCIA working w/u-boot and this
board.  Specifically, I need to be able to use dhcp/tftp from u-boot to
download images to configure the board in the field.  Initially, I need
ne2000 support, but later on I'll have to have 802.11b card support.

It appears that I need some sample source that illustrates how to bring
up PCMCIA on the PXA255/SA1111.  I have not been able to find a good
example of this so far, and I am hoping (praying??) that someone out in
u-boot-land or DENX-land has already done some work to get
PCMCIA working in u-boot.  I have the Linux PCMCIA sources (for
PXA/SA1111) and I *might* be able to adapt them, but they aren't working
yet and it seems like working on the simpler case (u-boot standalone
PCMCIA) might be a better place to get a foothold.

ANY ideas you may have or pointers to other documentation would be
appreciated.  I am struggling because PCMCIA support seems to be pretty
thin in the various bootloaders - u-boot included.

Thanks in advance,
craig vanderborgh
voxware incorporated