[U-Boot-Users] u-boot PCMCIA Support w/ PXA-255??

Christian Pell chri at infis.univ.trieste.it
Tue Dec 14 09:03:13 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 02:41 -0500, Craig A. Vanderborgh wrote:
> Now, what I REALLY need is to get PCMCIA working w/u-boot and this
> board.  Specifically, I need to be able to use dhcp/tftp from u-boot to
> download images to configure the board in the field.  Initially, I need
> ne2000 support, but later on I'll have to have 802.11b card support.
>
> It appears that I need some sample source that illustrates how to bring
> up PCMCIA on the PXA255/SA1111.  I have not been able to find a good
> example of this so far, and I am hoping (praying??) that someone out in

Hi,

I submitted a patch for NE2000 support on PXA/PCMCIA, really don't know
why it didn't go into the trunk. Anyway take a look:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9617953

I've tested it with a couple of different NE2000 cards (Belkin, Pretec),
I would like to hear any more feedbacks. Please note that 802.11b are
much worse beasts and they come with licensing problems too since
usually you have to download some firmware and such.

Bye,