[U-Boot-Users] Problem with Strata 28F256K3 Writing on PXA

Craig A. Vanderborgh craigv at voxware.com
Thu Dec 16 08:11:44 CET 2004

Hello everyone:

I now am able to erase flash from my u-boot build and that works.
Almost there, but one rather serious problem remains.  The writes to
flash are not working correctly.  I am using the "stock"
board/lubbock/flash.c routines for the flash write.

When I attempt to write bytes into flash, the 2nd short of each long
word ends up being 0xffff instead of its intended value.  This same code
works perfectly on my PXA-255 development system that uses the Strata
28F128J3 chips.

An important note - I see EXACTLY the same thing using "jflashmm" (to
JTAG bytes into flash) unless it's writing to the very first sector - in
which case it works correctly.  I think this might be an important clue.

Is this possibly a PXA register settings problem??  StrataFlash experts
- please throw me a bone here if you possibly can!!

Thanks in advance,
craig vanderborgh
voxware incorporated