[U-Boot-Users] Data abort while mtest

Anders Larsen alarsen at rea.de
Thu Dec 16 10:50:39 CET 2004

praveen at spacomp.com schreibt:
>We have successfuuly configured U-boot for our custom board based on
>PXA255.
>The Board is having 32 MB ram. I am able to sucessfully run the
>coimmands, md, mw etc..
>But if I give mtest( CFG_ALT_MEMTEST is defined) I am getting dataabort

Hi,
on ARM (including PXA), you MUST set CFG_MEMTEST_SCRATCH to
a valid RAM address (outside the area to be tested, e.g.
the last 32-bit word of your RAM), otherwise the memtest
will try to write to address 0 (which is flash).

To quote the README:
"- CFG_MEMTEST_SCRATCH:
      Scratch address used by the alternate memory test
      You only need to set this if address zero isn't writeable"

Cheers
 Anders