[U-Boot-Users] Intel StrataFlash 28F128J3 vs. 28F256K3

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 21 09:02:15 CET 2004

In message <41C7C7CC.2040801 at voxware.com> you wrote:

> 1. Using JTAG, I can program the 1st sector of flash successfully.  This
> works and I am using this mechanism to boot the board.
> 2. Using JTAG or u-boot flash commands, erasing appears to work for all
> sectors > sector 0.  Programming does NOT work.  The low-order bits (for

If programming does not work using JTAG, then your JTAG  debugger  is
misconfigured.

If programming does not work in U-Boot, then the U-Boot flash  driver
is misconfigured.

Or your hardware is broken.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way  is  to
make  it  so  simple that there are obviously no deficiencies and the
other is to make it so complicated that there are  no  obvious  defi-
ciencies.                             - Charles Anthony Richard Hoare