[U-Boot-Users] Re: What does the Kernel get from U-boot ?

Federico Lucifredi flucifredi at acm.org
Wed Dec 22 02:06:32 CET 2004

Hello Booters,
    Just a quick newbie-style question: what is passed between U-boot
and the kernel? Just the bootargs env variable or is there any other
(more intimate :-) relationship between the two? What I am asking is,
what does the kernel get from U-boot aside from the location of the root
filesystem? I guess the answer is 'nothing', but if it turns out there
is more, I'd like to know =)

    -Federico

-- "'Problem' is a bleak word for challenge" - Richard Fish

Muad'Dib of Caladan (Federico L. Lucifredi)- Harvard University & BU
http://metcs.bu.edu/~lucifred