[U-Boot-Users] software watchdog on the MPC855T

Rod Boyce rod_boyce at stratexnet.com
Sun Feb 1 21:09:41 CET 2004

All,

I have having a bit of a problem with the software watchdog on the MPC855T CPU.  When the watchdog fires we get a machine check exception occuring instead of a clean system reset.  It appears the /HRESET and /SRESET are not being toggled.  Our hardware guys are telling me that it is a configuration issue and I have configured the watchdog the same way as the MPC860T which is working fine.  Is there anything extra or diffrent I have to do on the MPC855T to get the watchdog to work?

I have been trying for about 30-minuites to search the u-boot archives on source forge and have not had any sucess.

Regards,
Rod Boyce