[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot with gcc-3.3.2 and ARM926EJS Targets fails due to __udi

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Sun Feb 1 19:27:58 CET 2004

Markus,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 09:37:25AM +0100, Markus Pietrek wrote:
> There is a full set already available in the gcc? But anyway, it makes
> not much sense using two different gcc compilers. One for the
> bootloader, one for applications. And with which one has the linux
> kernel to be compiled?

It looks like I have fixed the problems with softfloat support in
gcc-3.3.2 in PTXdist; they first came up when I tried to compile U-Boot
and the linker claimed that libgcc wouldn't have softfloat support
included. If you want to give it a try, download a snapshot from

	http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/ptxdist-20040201-1.tgz

and try it out with

	make toolchain-arm-linux-3.3.2_config
	make world

> Thank you, it works fine. Therefore, in the near future a new board
> and CPU will be supported by U-Boot :-)

The Atmel one? Which board are you working with?

Robert
     Hornemannstraße 12,  31137 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4